Gotta keep the heat in....

Behind the ply walls I found the original insulation had deteriorated and fallen down over time.  It made sense to replace this with new insulation while the walls were apart. It`ll keep the van warmer and save on heating bills.  I shopped around for the insulation and decided to go with 200mm thick Top Up Loft Insulation from B&Q.  The price played a big part in my decision as B&Q had an offer of buy one get one free.   £6 for six rolls that turns out to be.  I`ve split it in half so its actually 100mm thick and therefore I have twice as much again!  I have plenty left over for the floor when I get round to it.
I`ll give away whats left to freecycle.co.uk.   Wouldnt want anything to go to waste.



These are `before and after` pics.  Looks a lot warmer now, I`m sure it`ll keep the noise out too, (or in, if required).

Now the insulations fitted, its time to ply the walls. Before I ply them I will add more Battening between the sections. This will have a few jobs, its an extra point to secure the ply, a fixed and secure point for any cupboards to be secured to, and lastly it will prevent the insulation from falling if the glue fails in time.





No comments:

Post a Comment