In the begining....


Hi,
This is my Talbot Camelot I bought from a chap just up the road from me. I`d been thinking about converting a van for a while, so when this turned up on the side of the road with a `For Sale - £700` sign in the window I decided to take a look. On the phone the seller said it overheated occasionally so I was rightly cautious of water leaks/headgasket problems etc. The man was nice enough to let me carry out a headgasket test on it at my workplace, where I found it did indeed have a blown headgasket/cracked head. After explaining to the seller this was quite a big issue he lowered the price by £250 to £450. The interior was old and damaged, and the sink, cooker, shower were all missing, therefore I knew a full refurbishment was in need. As my original intention was to convert a bare Van, I didnt see this as a problem, nothing more than I had planned after all. Therefore I departed with £450 and drove away in my `new` camper. ...

1 comment:

  1. hi there this is whats happened to mine i just bought one and have foune the arches are bad etc just about to weld this week :)

    ReplyDelete