The Work Starts!! Ooooh Scary....


The first thing I decided to do was remove everything from the vehicle, including the entire floor, insulation, ply etc. Any wood worth keeping (I found the home made cupboards used 22mm ply, ideal for the floor) I stored in the overhead bed/storage area. The rest of the wood? Well it was Bonfire Night, so it went up in flames... Made a good fire too.




I also decided to keep the original fresh water pump, Zig electric box, and fresh water level sensor, the water tank itself was quite large as the van originally had a shower, though as its only me that will be using the van and I`m not fitting a shower such a large tank isnt required. I will put it on ebay and find a smaller one to conserve space.


The Weld........

Here is a pic of the N/ S wheel arch, welding in progress ->





Once I had removed everything from the inside, I could then see the state of corrosion that had
occured over 22 years of motorhoming. Around the top and bottom of both the wheel arches were the worst areas, fortunately the floor pan itself was relativly intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment