Walls are lined, now for something to stand on...

After insulating the walls I screwed hardbooard to the battening to line them.  That was pretty simple and boring so I`ll skip that and move on to the floor.

I decided to raise the floor slightly as the van is very tall,  it allows me to fit insulation underneath to keep the heat in, and I can sink certain items into it (gas bottles, water tank etc) to save space in the cupboards.  I turned planks of 75mm x 15mm on their sides and screwed them to the floor with screw blocks, then laid my insulation between them and screwed 18mm ply ontop of the planks.   I reused the ply I removed earlier so only had to buy one sheet.  Once it was fully plyed I laid Hardboard on top of the ply to make a smooth layer for my final finish.. vinyl, to be glued onto.  The vinyl was bought from Ebay, and as I go through a website called Topcashback.com to shop on ebay, I receive 60% of ebays fees for the sale, as cashback to my bank account.  Its a very good site if you shop on the internet as you can get cashback on most purchases just for going through their site.. check it out!  Top Cashback

From start to finish -  (I also made a small triangular cutaway in the floor by the side door which will be a step)



I got some ribbed rubber for the step from ebay and some angle aluminium to screw onto the corners of the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment